I know Christmas is long over, *sobs* but as far as I am concerned, Christmas is a state of mind, and a wonderful one at that !!
This Christmas, instead of hanging mistletoe around the house, I decided I’m gonna carry it with me everywhere I go (sneaky, I know 😉 heheheee)
So here’s what I did: I used the material I found around the house and made the cutest hair clip ! (It works in my favor that my mum is a puppeteer and has a ton of fabric and crafty stuff at home) If you can’t find these at home, It will be available in every craft store or fabric stores in your neighborhood..
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Green and red felt fabric (even stiff velvet will work, it’ll look super luxurious, so that’s fantastic)
- Red thread
- Hair clip
How to make it:
- Draw the outline of a mistletoe leaves on a piece of paper, trace and cut the green fabric.
- You’ll need 3 leaves
- Draw the outline of the berries on a paper, trace and cut the red fabric.
- You’ll need 3 berries
- Place all the pieces to make it too like a mistletoe and with a needle and thread, fasten all the pieces together.
- Once the mistletoe is secure, sew it on a hair clip which is smaller than the mistletoe, so the hair clip gets completely concealed.
- And viola !!!
Carry the mistletoe with you wherever you go (works even better if you’re around your significant other or your crush) 😀
Tip: you could try it with any designs that catches your fancy, the best part is, you don’t need to be an expert with the needle and thread to get perfect results..
Super easy, super cute, super chic…
Try it out and let me know how you like it.. 🙂
Until next time…