There was a time in my childhood when I’d just always find myself singing or humming a tune and generally be carefree. And then somehow that phase seemed to abruptly end, I noticed I had become very self conscious about it and would only limit my singing to when I was along or driving by myself. Needless to say I was NOT happy about this.
But today a friend shared a few songs by a new artist called Prateek Kuhad, and his music was so light, happy, and lovely that I found myself singing his songs through the day, whether I was at my desk at work, or getting ready for the day, I found myself singing without a care in the world, and generally ended up having one of the best days I’ve had in recent times.
The power of good music is an astounding thing. So here’s the song that has been on my mind and my lips today.
I keep asking the Universe to give me signs to indicate if I’m on the right path, and when I have the patience, I get them. Some days I ask for dragonflies, some days I ask for rain, some days I ask for yellow cars, and most days I ask for roses, my all time favorite flowers. So today when I least expected it, I got my sign, and a big bunch of roses welcomed me home after a long productive Monday.
Makes me think of one the most profound quotes by Victor Hugo –
“Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees.”
Somehow all I can say is – Thank you, Universe!!
Peace & Love
After all the hoopla about how 2016 was the most difficult and harrowing year in recent time (It was), day after day after day have passed and all of a sudden, we’ve completed 1/12th of 2017 as well.
January 2017 has been a peaceful year, the calm before the storm perhaps, a year of doing everything I promised myself I would, I have read more books (starting book # 4 tonight), worn heels more often, worn red lipstick, shopped more, and most importantly prayed more.
This year has been a year of lessons (Read: Blessings in disguise) as well –
- I realized (again!) that friends can break your heart in more ways than boyfriends ever can! – Not going into it in this post, but I will write about it soon.
Image Source – Google Images
- Not everyone deserved your loyalty and kindness. And for the people who make you question this, it is indicative that you should direct your loyalty and kindness inward and move on.
- Look beyond the surface, especially when it comes to People. If anyone are trying hard to prove to be a certain way, look closer, and you’ll be surprised (or Shocked!).
- My career is important but it isn’t everything (Its a Hugely significant part, but not my whole life).
- Writing gives me a real sense of ease, and the more I write, the better I feel, a good way to dispel pain.
- A sense that I may have been TOO nice lately, taking too much on from ungrateful people, giving too much rope to people around me, and being taken for granted a bit too often. Maybe its time to remind everyone who they’re really dealing with..
So here’s to a good month. January 2017, its truly been a pleasure!
Tomorrow will be another day, another beginning, more opportunities to be fierce, but mostly month of surprises (I hope).
Better catch some Zzzzs now.
Until next time, Goodnight. ❤
Just saw the notification that my favorite corner on the internet, this Blog, turns 3 years old today.
I registered on WordPress and created this page on 01-11-2013 with utter excitement and after numerous posts, this site still gives me the same joy it did on day one.
This space has been my savior, my solace, my motivation, and most of all it has been a place for me to write, and for that I will be eternally grateful.
I sometimes wonder what it is I want to convey, and don’t really find an answer, because this blog isn’t just about ONE thing.I don’t really have one cause which makes me feel like I’m here to save the world, I can never be that presumptuous. I’d be glad if I could just save myself… I digress…
This blog is about many many things, and I hope that you, my dear reader, enjoy it as much as I do.
Thank you for reading.. ❤
Until next time, keep coming back 🙂